One year since .., and Chicken buns

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Subhan Allah, time does fly! It has been exactly one year since I started my Blog. It has been a pretty cool journey so far, with 15,700 hits and 153 recipes and great comments from fellow bloggers. It amazing how I have juggled between the fast-paced life and blogging. My Mom has been the strongest support behind this Blog. She visits my blog almost everyday to see if I have posted a new recipe and  gets an idea of my well-being before our actual conversation after I pick up my phone and call her. She was a great teacher of her little daughter and let her explore in her kitchen under a watchful eye. On the other hand, my father's appreciation of his daughter's culinary skills with great emphasis on safety in the kitchen has gone a long way. It was him, who introduced me to Cooking books very early and instilled the love of cooking.....

All along my blogging experience, I have learnt a lot from various Blogs. Any recipe adapted from any Blog gets a mention here.Today, I have adapted a recipe from here. I have tweaked the recipe a bit and have made it to suit my taste.

Ingredients:

all purpose flour-2 cups
salt-1/2 tsp
rapid rise yeast-1 tbs
sugar-1 tsp
milk powder-2 tbs
olive oil-1 tbs
egg-2 large,(one for the dough and one for the egg wash)
milk-1 cup(warm)
sesame seeds-1 tsp

Stuffing:
potatoes -1 cup(sliced into tiny pieces)
boneless chicken-1 cup( cut into small, thin pieces)
tomato-1, cubed
salt- to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
oil-1 tbs
onion-2 tbs, finely chopped
cilantro-1 tbs, chopped


Method:

Mix the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, milk powder, oil well. Pour the milk over the mixture and knead until the dough is soft and pliable. Apply oil over the dough and cover with a kitchen towel and set aside to rise for half an hour until it rises to almost double in size.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a pot and saute onions until brown and add the ginger-garlic paste and stir for a minute and add tomatoes, turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt and cook until the tomatoes turn mushy. At this point add the potatoes and chicken and cook until done. Stir and , make sure all the liquids are evaporated and you are left with one thick mixture, with the potatoes and chicken still recognizable, mix in the cilantro and set aside.

Pre-heat the oven to a 400 deg F. Grease a baking tray. Punch down the dough and make eight equal portions and roll out each portion into a disc, big enough to hold a tbs of the stuffing. Put the stuffing onto the disc and  bring together the edges and pinch the dough to seal. Roll the bun in between your palms and roll to make a perfect round. With the pinched surface down, place each bun on the tray. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 15 minutes and let the buns rise. Beat an egg and apply the egg wash with a brush on the buns and top each bun with some sesame seeds. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the buns turn a nice, golden brown. Turn off the oven and remove the buns and serve them hot. Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog's 1st anniversary! Lovely post, buns look so tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Blogoversary! Irresistible buns over there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so unique and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boooooooooookmaaaaaaaaaarked for very future cooking! :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.