Coconut Macaroons

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

When I was still dwelling in the memories of the past, something I once ate and liked very much as a five year old (remember I said I was picky?  Yeah!!! ) were the Coconut Macaroons. Little did I know I would be making them all by myself one day! I did a google search and found a number of recipes. I had to tweak it a little here and a little there to make it less heavy and sugary. This is the recipe I came up with and ended up making one awesome, crisp on the outside and soft on the inside goodies.

Ingredients:

Shredded coconut-3 cups
sugar-1/2 cup
salt-a pinch
eggs-2 large
butter or oil to grease the baking tray
rose essence-1 tsp



Method: Begin with pre-heating the oven to a 350 deg F. Whisk eggs until frothy and add sugar to it and whisky until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. To this, add the grated coconut and mix well until all the ingredients come together. Grease a baking tray and take a spoonful of the mixture and pack it tightly with your fingers and place it on the baking tray, giving it a pyramid shape.When done, place the tray in the pre-heated oven and bake for fifteen minutes or until the macaroons turn golden brown. Switch the oven off and let them sit in there for another five minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I am going to make this today...will let you know the result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this perfect recipe. I made the coconut macaroons last night and they were awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That made my day:) insha Allah try more things and let me know.

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.