Chicken in Cashew and yogurt gravy

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.


As much as I would love to blog about the food I cook, I have been busy with more important things in life. I do cook everyday and sometimes take pictures but, just getting around to writing and posting has been very daunting Subhan Allah! I am back now and insha Allah will post more frequently now:) Do tell me what you think of my recipes and also if you have tried any and if you liked them!

Cooking is a great art. If you know what you want your food to taste and look like, you can play with the ingredients and attain the perfect result. And ofcourse if you are cooking for your loved ones, the ingredient of love perfects whatever you cook. Like, I can cook the same thing my Mom cooks but, what she cooks for me would taste many times better than what I cook. At my home, curries have to have gravy in them and I love the dry version. But then, I mostly cook for others and end up just eating it anyway:)

I will now show you guys how to cook one quick-fix, chicken curry in cashew and yogurt gravy.Add more water if you like your gravy to be more liquidy or donot add any and cook until it gets nice and thick.

Ingredients:

Chicken-2 lbs, cleaned and washed
ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
salt- to taste
turmeric powder-1 tsp
red pepper powder-1 1/2 tsp
cashews, 1 cup, roasted and groung to a fine paste
chironji-1 tbs, roasted and ground
garam masala-1 tsp
yogurt-1 cup
oil-2 tbs
onions-1/2 cup, thinly sliced

Method: Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder and yogurt  for half an hour. Heat oil in a pot and fry onions until golden brown and add the groung nuts and fry till you see oil seperate from the paste. Then add the marinating chicken and give it a stir and cover it with a lid and cook on high heat for ten minutes. Give it a stir again carefully and reduce the heat to the lowest and cook until oil floats on the top. At this point, add the garam masala and turn the stove off. transfer to a serving bowl and serve. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.