Aloo Methi ki sabzi

Bismillahir  Rahmanir Raheem

There is nothing fancy about this simple dry curry and yet it is so full of warmth. It is very flavorful and comforting when served with warm parathas or on the side with daal chaawal. I love it when the shelves of the Indian grocery store is beaming with bunches of fresh fenugreek and I love to add them to every thing I cook. In this curry, there is more of the fresh fenugreek leaves and a small amount of potatoes to add one more vegetable:)

This is how I cooked my simple sabzi..

Ingredients:

fresh fenugreek leaves-two bunches, (chopped and washed in different changes of cold water)
tomato-one large, cubed
salt- to taste
red pepper powder-1 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
oil-2 tbs
potatoes-2, cubed and washed
onions-half, sliced
water-1 cup


Method:  Heat oil in a pot and saute the cubed potatoes until they get slightly browned and set aside. In the remaining oil, add onions and saute them until they turn golden brown. Put the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a brief miunute. Add the tomatoes and cook until they get mushed. Add the salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, followed by the fenugreek leaves. Stir and make sure the ingredients and well mixed. Pour the water and cook uncovered until all the water is absorbed and the potatoes get cooked. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.