Tomato-coconut Chutney

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Some days, when I dont want to cook at all, but I have to, I look for some quick-fix ways to cook and I want them to be healthy at the same time. And, today, it happened to be a combination of fresh coconut and tomatoes on the vime, spiced up with hot  green peppers and garlic and beautified with a tempering of mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.

Ingredients:

tomatoes on the vine-4, whole
fresh grated coconut-3/4 cup
salt-to taste
hot green peppers-5-6
fresh garlic cloves-3
oil-1 tbs

for tempering..

cumin seeds-1/2 seeds
mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
urad daal-1 tsp
curry leaves-8-9
dry red chillies-3

Method: Heat oil in a pot and pour half tsp of oil and roast the tomatoes until you see black specks. Toss in the green peppers and garlic and roast for a couple minutes. Make sure they dont burn.Turn off the stove and let it cool. When cold, mix the roasted tomatoes and all with the shredded coconut and blend to a fine paste. Add salt and adjust according to your taste. Transfer to a serving bowl. In a saute pan, heat oil and add the urad daal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chillies and the curry leaves. When they crackle and turn dark, pour it onto the chutney. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.