Sheer Qorma .....Eid Mubarak!

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Belated Eid Mubarak to you, dear readers. May Allah accept our fasting and and praying and may He forgive our sins and help us remain steadfast always...Aameen!

Sheer Qorma is a festive dessert/pudding, served on Eid as a breakfast and also to guests throughout the day on Eid and after Eid. 

This is how my MIL made it on this Eid. My mother makes it a little differently and I shall post that soon insha Allah.

Ingredients:

Vermicelli-1 cup, roasted with a  bit of clarified butter
 whole milk-4 cups 
sugar-to taste
cinnamon sticks-2
cardamom pods-3
ghee(clarified butter)-2 tbs
slivered almonds- 1/2 cup(roasted in ghee)
cashews-1/2 cup (soaked, sliced and roasted in ghee)

Method: In a sauce pan, bring milk to a boil and let it simmer. In a seperate heavy bottomed  pot, pour a tbs of ghee and put in the cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods. Once they sizzle let out their fragrance, put in the vermicelli and roast until they get evenly brown. At this point carefully pour the boiling milk into the pot and let the vermicelli cook and get a little bit soft. Now, add the sugar and stir gently. let it cook for a couple minutes on medium heat. Turn off the stove. Transfer to a serving bow and garnish with the roasted nuts. Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.