Ambada Chutney (Red Sorrel Leaves chutney)


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem 

Dips and Chutneys are a great way to spruce up any bland tasting food and I love to make a chutney with any beneficial vegetable. Red sorrrel leaves have the tanginess, flavor, color along with protective antioxidants. This chutney can be made in less than ten minutes and can be stored in the refrigerator for weeks. 

Ingredients:

Red Sorrel leaves-4-6 cups packed(washed, chopped)
green pepper-4
salt-to taste
water-1/2 cup


for tempering

oil-2 tsps
asafoetida-1/2 tsp
garlic-3 pods, sliced
curry leaves-6

Method: Put the sorrel leaves, green pepper, salt and water and cook until the leaves wilt and get cooked. Turn off the stove and grind to a smooth paste. Transfer to a serving bowl. Heat oil in a saute pan and saute the sliced garlic until it turns slightly golden in color. Put the curry leaves and turn off the stove. Stir in the asafoetida and pour the mixture over the chutney. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.