Same ki phalli gosht ( Indian broad beans with meat)


Bismillahir Rahmanir raheem

This curry has all the goodness of  my favourite vegetable and the tender lamb meat combined with fresh fenugreek leaves! 

Ingredients:

Lamb meat-1/2 lbs, fat trimmed, washed and drained
Onions-1 large, sliced
salt- to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
red pepper powder-1 tsp
ginger-garlic paste-1 1/2 tsp
oil-2 tbs
broad beans-4 cups( washed and cut into 1 " pieces
fresh fenugreek leaves-1 cup washed and chopped

Method: Mix together the lamb meat, ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, onions and set aside for half an hour. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the meat. Mix well and pressure cook with a wee bit of water until the meat is cooked well. Turn off the stove and let the pressure settle down. Remove the lid, turn up the stove again and add the beans and the fenugreek leaves to the cooked meat and stir. Cook until all the water gets absorbed and the beans get cooked. Lower the heat to the lowest and cook for 10 more minutes. When the meat and the beans come together, turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. Sem ki phalli Gosht is my favorite. I enjoy it along with Baghara khana and Dalcha. Looks delicious. Adding fenugreek leaves might also give a wonderful flavor to the dish.

    zaiqa.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. masha`allah ... i love your blog and i`m happy to finallyu be able to know what all these dishes are as i have heard so much about .... now i live in algeria and i cant get fenugreek leaves ... we do have the course one ....so can this be used instead

    ReplyDelete
  3. masha'allah... Just wanted to say how wonderful it all looks.. I'm so glad I brought all my spices with me when I came to Algeria...I'll certainly be trying some of the recipes on yur blog insha'allah...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.