Chocolate Panna Cotta

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I got to taste Chocolate Panna cotta at my dear neighbor's place one evening. She is an expert when it comes to making desserts. I decided to try my hand at it and I am so happy with the result of my effort to make this chocolatey, creamy, melt-in-the mouth dessert, Alhamdulillah! 

 It took less than five minutes to put together and a few hours to chill and a couple seconds to drizzle the chocolate shavings and serve. Anybody who has little experience with making desserts can attempt this one and be content after serving it. It actually stole the show at a dinner party we had at my home, served  along with a great tasting Lamb Biryani and Chicken Qorma, raita and bread.

Ingredients:

heavy whipping cream-4 cups
hot cocoa mix(sweet)-1/2 cup
gelatin(halal)-4 tsps
dark chocolate shavings-1/2 cup or more
milk(cold)-1/2 cup
cherry-1

Method: Mix the powdered gelatin in half cup of milk and set aside for five minutes. Add the cocoa powderto the whipping cream in a steel pot and put it on a medium heat stove and stir until the sugar gets dissolved and the mixture is smooth and creamy and barely hot. Turn off the stove and mix in the soaking gealtin and whisk it quickly and set aside. Take a round-bottomed bowl and butter the inside and pour the creamy mixture and refrigerate it for a couple hours. When ready to serve, take a serving plate and flip the dessert onto the plate and gently tap on all sides to release the Panna cotta. When it falls onto the plate, drizzle the chocolate shavings all over and put the cherry on the top and serve. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. will def try this.. its my son's b'day this thursday n m goin to make this.. such a quick dessert.. i love stuff that dont take time to make

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.