Arvi-gosht ka Shorba (Taro bulbs and meat in a tangy gravy)

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This is my dh's favourite curry. I had to cook it many times to cook it to perfection as we never ate it in my parent's home as kids and they dont eat it even now:) This recipe is for those who love curries with gravies like my other brother M! He has to have a gravy for lunch and dinner and doesnot like dry curries:) Here goes the recipe...

Ingredients:

Taro bulbs-6-8, washed, boiled, peeled and cut into cubes
lamb meat-1 lb
onions-1 large-salt- to taste
red pepper powder-1 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
tomatoes-2 large, chopped
tamarind pulp- 3/4 cup
corn starch-1 tsp
oil-2-3 tbs
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
cilantro-for garnishing
water- as needed

Method: Pressure cook meat with onions, oil. ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red pepper powder until the meat is soft and cooked. when the pressure settles down, remove the lid and increase the heat and cook the meat while stirring and make sure the onions get mushy. At this point add the tomatoes and cook until they get soft and mushy. Add the cubed taro bulbs an cook on high heat for a few minutes. Mix the corn starch in a cup of water and pour it into the pot. Also add the tamarind pulp and stir well and cook until it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer on low heat for 5-8 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Slurpy curry!!! OMG...pass me some rice please ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.