Aloo ki subzi

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I wish I had called my Blog., "The fenugreek I use" as I love it a lot and try to sneak it into most of the things I cook. This is a simple curry Mom always made and as a picky-eater, I never cared about it. My brother A, is known for his love for potatoes. Mom cooks potatoes for  him quickly, as she knows that makes him happy, when he calls her and tells her he is coming home at odd times., either too early for dinner or too late for lunch! This is one way she makes them for him:)

Ingredients:

Potatoes- 3 cups, washed, sliced thinly in any size you want
salt- to taste
curry leaves-5-6
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
green pepper-2, chopped
fresh fenugreek leaves-1 cup, washed and chopped(mine was from my kitchen garden)
onion-1 medium-finely sliced
oil-2 tbs
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
water-1/2 cup

Method: Heat oil in a pot and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them pop. Put the sliced onions and saute them until golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and give it a stir for a few times. At this point, add the potatoes, fenugreek leaves, salt, turmeric powder, green pepper and the water. Cook until the water gets absorbed and the potatoes get soft. Turn off the heat and transfer  to a serving bowl. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.