Tur ki Khadi Daal




Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I was a picky-eater as a kid and there were very few things I ate and this daal happens to be one of them. When cooked, the daal is firm yet soft and the herbs and spices  enhance the flavor in a beautiful way leaving you wanting more:) I enjoy it with some plain boiled rice!

Ingredients:

  • Tur daal(split pigeon peas)- 1 cup, soaked for one hour
  • salt- to taste
  • turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
  • red pepper powder-1 tsp
  • tomatoes on the vine-2 medium, chopped
  • onion-1 big, sliced
  • ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
  • cilantro-1/2 cup, chopped
  • oil2 tbs
  • water-1/2 cup

Directions:

1.Mix all the ingredients except the oil and set aside for 15 minutes.

2. Heat oil in a pot and put the mixture of the daal.

3. Pour water and cook on high heat for 6-7 minutes. 

4. Stir gently and lower the heat to a medium and cook for another 8-10 minutes. 

5. Give it a stir and cook on low heat for 5 more minutes and turn off the stove. 

6.Transfer to a  serving bowl, garnish with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.