- Tur daal(split pigeon peas)- 1 cup, soaked for one hour
- salt- to taste
- turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- red pepper powder-1 tsp
- tomatoes on the vine-2 medium, chopped
- onion-1 big, sliced
- ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
- cilantro-1/2 cup, chopped
- oil2 tbs
- water-1/2 cup
Tur ki Khadi Daal
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
I was a picky-eater as a kid and there were very few things I ate and this daal happens to be one of them. When cooked, the daal is firm yet soft and the herbs and spices enhance the flavor in a beautiful way leaving you wanting more:) I enjoy it with some plain boiled rice!
1.Mix all the ingredients except the oil and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pot and put the mixture of the daal.
3. Pour water and cook on high heat for 6-7 minutes.
4. Stir gently and lower the heat to a medium and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
5. Give it a stir and cook on low heat for 5 more minutes and turn off the stove.
6.Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!