Tindora (Ivy Gourd) Chutney

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Apologies to all my readers for not posting any new recipes. All you got to read was the same old Thai Eggplant curry for so many days. Life was caught up in the HOV lane, combined with time passing at an alarming pace Subhan Allah! Hence the delay in not posting any new recipes. However, do tell me if you have tried any of the recipes, here from my blog and if liked them:)

Here's one recipe of a crunchy and tangy chutney, made with Ivy gourd, called tindora in Hindi. Her's how you can transform one this vegetable into a lip-smacking dip.

Ingredients:

Ivy gourd-3 cups, (washed, sliced and roasted in a few drops of oil until you see specks on them)
salt-to taste
tamarind pulp-1 cup
asafoetida-1/2 tsp
red pepper powder-1 tsp
garlic-2-3 pods, raosted until golden brown

for tempering..

mustard seeds-1 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
curry leaves-5-6
oil-1 1/2 tbs

Method: Grind the roasted ivy gourd with the salt, tamarind pulp, salt, red pepper powder, garlic until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl. Heat oil in a saute pan, put the cumin seeds, mustards and let them crackle. at this point, addd the curry leaves and wait until they turn a deeper green in color and become crispy. Turn off the stove and add the tempering to the chutney. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.