Strawberry Jam

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

When I was younger :) I only lent a helping hand to my Mom, whenever Mom made elaborate, laborious things in the Kitchen! Oh believe me, it was a BIG hand compared to what my kids give me now:) Like I would only rinse and chopp up the fruit if We were making the jam and Mom would do the patient stirring, also quietly bearing the hot splashes of the jam. I would peel nuts and chop'em up for garnishing desserts, slice onions for making Biryani ....,among the main things! And., I never thought I would have to make them one day like I did today LOL! I made strawberry jam in an effort to make use of some four- five boxes of fresh strawberries that were sitiing in the frige for two days. It was a breeze! Alhamdulillah, the gooey mixture didnot splash on my hands and it took only 15 minutes from  start to end!

Ingredients:

Strawberries- 2 pounds, washed and cut into big chunks
sugar- 1 cup

Method: Puree the strawberry chunks to fit to your desired consistency. You may roughly crush them or puree like i did! Pour it into a heavy-bottomed pan, add the sugar and cook on high heat stirring intermittently, making sure it doesnot stick to the pan and burn. When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a medium and continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken. Turn off the stove before it gets too thick. Let it cool before you remove it into a glass jar with an air tight container and refrigerate it for later use. Enjoy!

Note: A lot of recipes call for adding lemon juice. I didnto add some because my strawberries were already tart!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.