Spicy Masala Chicken


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I made this quick, spicy masala chicken in less than twenty minutes plus fifteen minutes to marinate the chicken. It requires basic ingredients, I am sure every kitchen pantry has it and a few ingredients in the refrigerator for sure! I ALWAYS use home made ginger-garlic paste and also the garam masala. This garuntees fresh and fragrant curries :)

Ingredients:

Chicken-one whole cut up, claeaned and washed
salt- to taste
ginger-garlic paste-1 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
red pepper powder-1 tsp
garam masala-1 tsp
yogurt-1/2 cup
roasted mixed nuts- 1/2 cup, powdered
oinions-1 medium, sliced
oil-2 tbs
mint leaves- 4-5 chopped

Method: Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes with the ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, garam masala and yogurt.  Heat oil in a pot and fry onions until they turn a nice golden brown. Put the ground nut powder and stir a couple times. Add the marinating chicken and cook on high heat for five minutes. Stir, reduce the heat to a medium and let cook for another 7-8 minutes. Stir one last time and reduce the heat to the lowest. Turn off the stove and immediately transfer to a serving bowl. After it settles down and you see oil floating on top, garnish with chopped mint leaves. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.