Raw Mango Chutney


Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahmanir Raheem

I like to make a chutney on the side whenever I cook a milder main course, so that it can spice up the meal time. This is one of those chutneys that does its job well:)

Ingredients:

for the chutney..

Raw mango-1, peeled and cubed
green chillies-4, chopped
garlic pods-3 small ones
salt- to taste
cilantro-1 cup chopped
water-1/4 cup

for tempering...

oil -2 tsps
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
curry leaves-6-8
garlic pods-2, sliced

Method: Blend together the mango and other ingredients listed under "chutney" until smooth and pasty. Transfer to a serving bowl. Heat oil in a saute pan and add sliced garlic and fry until light brown in color. Put the cumin seeds and let them change color slightly. Lastly, add the curry leaves and turn off the stove. Quickly pour the mixture in the chutney. Enjoy!


1 comment:

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.