Potato Latke

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

There are so many different ways of making potato latkes and every person makes it differently. This is how I like it and my kids enjoy it. It is a very simple, kid-friendly way of making them and they  take the least amount of time for preparation and cooking.

Ingredients:

Potatoes- 1 cup washed, grated and squeezed
salt- to taste
black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
egg-one whole
oil-1 tbs
parsely-roughly chopped, a handful

Method: Mix together the grated potatoes, salt, pepper powder and egg and set aside for a few minutes. Heat a saute pan on medium-high heat and pour the oil. drop the potato mixture with a spoon and let them form their own shape. Watch them cook slowly and reduce the heat if you wish to and flip them over when you see the edges getting crisp and turning golden brown. Cook on the other side until they get cooked  and turn golden brown. Remove them and place them on a bed of chopped parsley and serve hot. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks fantastic! Wonderful pics & lovely recipe !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irresistible potato patties over there!!! Yummylicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy....you have a lovely blog...I am having a giveaway in my blog..Y dont you check and join that
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/05/chocolate-recipe-and-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.