Potato-fry with Five Spices

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I personally love potatoes cooked in any way., boiled, baked, fries, chipe etc., However, this time I followed a recipe from http://www.ecurry.com/blog/starters-snacks/potatoes-with-indian-five-spice/ . It turned out pretty well! I am sure I will be making them more frequently now. I have tweaked the recipe a bit to suit my preference :)

Ingredients:

Potatoes- 6-8 small, cut into wedges and washed
salt-t  o taste
oil-2 tbs
five spice powder-1 1/2 tsp(fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds,cumin seeds, black seeds)
black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Dry red chillies-5

Method: Rub in salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste into the potato wedges and set aside. Heat oil in a pot and fry the dry chillies until  they turn darker. Remove and set aside. Put the spice powder and stir for a few seconds and immediately put the potatoes and fry on high heat until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Mine took about 5-8 minutes.Turn off the stove and remove with a slotted spoon and arrange the fried chillies on the top and serve. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I am also a follower of the e-curry site and love their recipes and photos.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.