Methi-matar

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Whenever I have fresh fenugreek leaves, i love to add them to everything I cook. They impart an earthy flavor and a lot of health benefits too. The leaves I have used are extremely tender and special because they grow right here in my kitchen garden!

Ingredients:

Green peas-1 cup
onion-1 medium, sliced
tomato-2 small, diced
salt- to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
red pepper powder-1 tsp
fresh fenugreek leaves-1 cup, washed and chopped
oil-1 1/2 tbs
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp

Method: Heat oil in a pot, and saute onions until they turn golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry it for a brief minute. Add tomatoes, chopped fenugreek leaves, green peas, salt, pepper powder and cook with the lid covered for five minutes. Stir and reduce the heat until you see that the tomatoes have cooked well and the peas too and you are left with a thick gravy and the happy peas. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely, masha Allah. I am hoping that I can use dry methi instead if I can't find fresh fenugreek, in sha Allah?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.