Daal Fry-2

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Daal, is a comfort food for some, and a must-have for others. For me, it is a must-cook! I cook with the intention of  how to make it interesting for the picky-eaters and the connoiseur. This is one easy recipe that does not require a whole lot of planning or putting together  a lot of ingredients.

Ingredients:

for the daal...

Tur daal- 1 cup
water-2 1/2 cups 
turmeric powder-1 tsp

for tempering...

oil-2 tbs
onion-1 chopped
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
green chillies-2, finey chopped
asafoetida-1/2 tsp
cumin seeds-1 tsp

Method: Pressure cook the daal until soft. Take the lid off, while mashing up the daal slightly, add water to get desired consistency. Turn the heat on and bring it to a boil . Transfer to a serving bowl. In a saute pan, heat oil and fry onions until they turn golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry til you smell a nice aroma. Put in the chopped chillies, cumin seeds, followed by the asafoetida. Stir quickly and turn off the stove. Pour the tempering onto the daal. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.