Chunky Strawberry Chutney


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem!

Ahaa! yes you read that right:) Strawberry chutney! Remember in my last post I talked about how I had more-than-we-could-eat strawberries at home? Yes, and I was thinking of ways to put them to a good use LOL! And, I made this chutney and didnt sweat  over it at all. It was so cool to watch the chunks disintegrate quickly and i was done even before I knew it.

Ingredients:

Strawberries-16 oz, washed and cut into chunks
salt- to taste
red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
asafoetida-1/4 spoon
oil- 1 1 /2 tsp
curry leaves-5-6

Method: Heat oil in a pot, fry the curry leaves, remove and set aside. Put the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and let them crackle. Put the asafoetida and immediately put the chunks of strawberries. Cook and  stir on high heat for three minutes. As they start getting softer, put the salt, turmeric and pepper powder and lower the heat to a medium. Stir for a few more minutes and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with the fried curry leaves. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.