Turai (Luffa or ridged gourd) chutney-1


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I had bought turai from the Indian Store and intended to make the very old curry that I dont like very much. However, i ran down my memory lane and remembered the only vegetable I ate without complaints was the turai in the form of a chutney! I quickly called Mom and asked her for the recipe and made it. It was one delectable, thick, flavorful chutney. You could never guess it was turai!


Ingredients:

Turai- 2 cups,sliced( top ridges scraped with a spoon)
Oil-2-3 tbs
salt- to taste
green chillies-2
dry coconut-1/2 cup
coconut milk-12 cup

for tempering:

cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
curry leaves-4-6
asafoetida-1/2 tsp

Method: Pour 1 tsp oil into a pan and stir fry the turai pieces until they become transluscent and set aside. Grind to a fine pastethe coconut powder, coconut milk, green chillies, turai pieces. transfer to a serving bowl. in the same pan, heat oil once again and put the cumin seeds and let them crackle. put the curry leaves aand the asafoetida  and cover with a lid for a brief time. pour the tempering on top of the chutney. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.