Mujaddara (Rice with Lentils)


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This is a rice dish I learnt to cook  from my husband, who had learnt it from his Jordanian friend. This is very simple to make and  at the same time, very comforting. All you need is lentils with the skin on, rice  and few other basic ingredients. This is what you are gonna need...

Ingredients:

Rice-3 cups(washed and soaked for 1 hour)
red lentils-1 cup,washed
salt-to taste
Onion- 1 large, sliced
Oil-2-3 tbs
Water-9 cups


Method: Heat oil in a pot and fry onions until golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. To this oil add the lentils, salt  and water and let boil for ten minutes. At this point, add the soaked rice and cook on high heat until you see the rice and lentils get almopst cooked and the water is almost absorbed. Reduce the heat and cook with a lid on until you see the steam escape from the gaps. Turnn off the stove and transfer to a serving platter. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I love rise and I like to taste different types of rise. This is also looking great.
    bodylift

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.