Moong ki daal with palak


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Daal is a comfort food at the same time, the most-made-food at home:) I try to incorporate  some leafy vegetables in there to make it more healthy. This is one of the simplest forms of daal that can be whipped up in a jiffy. 

Ingredients:

Moong daal-1 cup
water-3 cups
salt- to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tps
onions-1 med, sliced
spinach-2 cups
tomatoes-2 medium, chopped
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
oil-2-2 tbs

Method: Pressure cook the daal until soft and smooth. blend it with a hand blender, add salt, coconut milk and some more water to get desired consistency and bring to a boil and set aside. Heat oil in a pot, and saute onions. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry it till it turns brown. Put the tomatoes and let cook until mushy. Now add the spinach and cook until it gets cooked. Pour the spinach mixture into the pot with the daal. transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.