Minty Tomato Chutney

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This is the simplest and yummiest of all chutneys i have ever made. It took me less than seven minutes in all from washing the tomatoes to serving the chutney.

Ingredients:

Tomatoes on the vine-5 medium, roughly chopped
pearl onions-6-8, peeled
salt- to taste
red pepper powder-1 tsp
asafoetida-1/2 tsp
oil-2 tsps
mint-1/2 cup washed

Method: Heat oil in a pot and saute the pearl onions until they change color. Add the asafoetida followed by the tomatoes. Stir them until the get slightly mushy. Put the salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, mint leaves and stir for a minute. Turn off the stove and let it cool down a litle bit. Use a hand blender and puree the whole mixture to a smooth paste. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of mint leaves.  Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. This chutney sounds wonderful with intense tomato flavor and plenty of vitamins to boot! Excellent recipe, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.