Karela curry( Bitter melon)

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I have hated this vegetable the most, when I was a kid. Now, I eat it as if I am eating any other vegetable:) This is my mother-in-law's recipe and it the way she cooks it, it pretty much does away with the bitter taste and the tanginess from the tamarind dominates. Bitter melon has a lot of health benefits so, it makes it worth eating.

Ingredients:

Karela-2 cups, washed and sliced thinly
Onions-2 cups, chopped
tamarind-1 cup soaked(de-seeded)
ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
salt- to taste
red pepper powder-1 tsp
oil-2-3 tbs

Method: Heat oil in a pot and put all the ingredients into the pot. Cook on high het until the onions get soft and the melon too. Reduce the heat to a medium and keep stirring at regular intervals, making sure it dosent stick to the bottom of the pot and burn. When the oil seperates from the curry, turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bow. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lovely flavors in the curry ... Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.