Indian cucumber chutney.


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I love to cook one vegetable in more than one way. It actually cuts monotony out and opens up ways to adore vegetables. Her's one variation I tried in making a chutney, a dip with the Indian Cucumber.



This is what it looks like, is a wee bit sour in taste and has its own flavor. 

Ingredients:

Indian cucumber-3 cups(washed, peeled, de-seeded and cubed)
salt-to taste
green chillies-3
tamarind juice-1/2 cup
roasted peanuts-2 tbs
cilantro-2 tbs,chopped
cumin seeds-1 tsp

for tempering:

Oil-2 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
urad daal
1 tsp
dry red chillies-3
asafoetida-1/2 tsp

Method: Pour a tsp of oil into a pan and saute the pieces of cucumber until transluscent. Remove from the stove and let it cool. Grind all the ingredients in a food processor until creamy and smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl. Heat oil in the saute pan and add cumin seeds, followed by the urad daal,  dry chillies, asafoetida and pour the tempering on the chutney. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.