Green Chicken




Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

 It's so funny how as a little girl, I tried to classify the color of curries in two colors, based on the color of the peppers used.., green or red :) Yes, this curry is along the same lines of classification and the method of making is as simple as it can get bi-iznillah!

 Ingredients:

 Whole Chicken cut up-2 lbs, cleaned and washed.
 ginger-garlic paste-1 1/2 tsp
 salt-to taste
 green chillies-4
 mint leaves-1 cup, washed and chopped
 cilantro-1/2 cup, washed and chopped
 lemon juice-3 tbs
 onion-1/2 sliced
 oil-2 tbs

 Method: Grind the mint leaves, cilantro, green chilllies, to a smooth paste. Marinate the chicken with this ground paste, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice for and hour. Heat oil in a pot and saute onions. Add the marinated Chicken to it and cook on high heat for ten minutes while stirring carefully. Reduce the heat and let the juices dry up a little bit. Turn off the stove and let it sit for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This is the kind of curry my son would gobble down in no time! I used to make Thai curry and he would ask what color, if it was green or red, he'd be game! Love your curry !

    by the way, I buy my veggie corer at Sara Bakery in richardson

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful. Easy to make & delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful refreshing flavors! I recently posted a similar recipe .. while I had contemplated a nice green color like yours, mine did not quite turn out this way:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Yum Yum... this looks very delicious and i know I will like this cause I absolutely like cilantro :)
    www.sunshineandsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all ladies. I am awed by your comments. You blogs are profoundly professional! Mine is still a baby:)

    @ Joumana, thanks for the info:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the aromatic flavourful addition of mint looks deliciously green yummy maashallah

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.