Beet greens curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

There are unlimited possibilities of eating healthy food and we often overlook them. I grabbed a few beets today from the Grocery Store, that had these fine green and red leaves still attached to them. They were too good to be discarded and thrown into the trash can. I decided to chop 'em and cook 'em. It became an awesome, nutritious curry and we all enjoyed it with warm parathas for dinner.

Ingredients:

Beet greens- 4 cups(washed, chopped)
onion-1/2, chopped
green pepper-3, cut into one inch pieces
salt-to taste
garlic pods, 3, sliced
oil1-2 tbs
water-1/2 cup

Method: Heat oil in a pot and saute onions till translucent. Add garlic, pepper, salt and water. Cook on high heat until the water gets evaporated and the greens get cooked. Reduce the heat for a few minutes. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.