Vegetable Pulao

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

By this time, you guys must have realized how much I adore Fresh Fenugreek leaves:) Yes, I tell you they have a lot of health benefits. Google it and see it for yourself. Like many of us who resort to calling Mom and asking her "how" to cook "what" when you cannot decide what to cook , I decided to make this for dinner after I asked my Mom:)

Ingredients:

for the vegetables...,

Carrots-1 cup, washed and cubed
beans-1 cuo, washed and cut into small pieces
potatoes-1 medium, cut into small pieces
fresh fenugreek leaves-1 cup, washed and chopped
onion-1 medium, finely sliced
salt- to taste
ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
turmeric powder-1 tsp
red pepper powder-1 1/2 tsp
garam masala-= 1tsp
coconut powder-3 tbs, roasted
yogurt- 4 tbsoil 2tbs

for the rice

rice- 3 cups, washed and soaked for 3o minutes
salt-to taste
cinnamon02 sticks
cardamom-4
cloves-4
water- enough to boil the rice and drain

Method: Roast the coconut powder  and grind it with the garam masala  powder yogurt and set aside.in a pot, pour a tsp oil and fry the carrots and beans for a brief minute and  set aside. Fry the potatoes and set aside.  In the same pot, pour the remaining oil and fry the onions until golden brown and put the ginger-garlic paste and fry until it turns brown. Pour the coconut mixture and fry until the moisture gets evaporated and oil gets seperated. Put the fried vegetables and set aside. Boil water in a pot and when 90% done, use a colander to drain all the water and pour it back into the pot. Make a depression in the center of the rice and pour the vegetables in the center. Cover the lid tightly and cook on medium flame until you see the steam escape from the lid. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love it! You are inspiring!!! I just found your blog, I like it because i was seeking for such type of info.
    I hope it benefits all one who land up here.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    http://all4payday.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.