Turai with Mint leaves

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I cooked this vegetable with lots of fresh, chopped mint leaves and it tasted awesome. I love to play with ingredients and enjoy dramatic difference in taste. This goes well with warm phulkas or with daal and plain chaawal.

Ingredients:

Turai-2 cups, peeled and cut into chunks or thick slices.
salt-to-taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
red pepper powder-1 tsp
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
fresh mint leaves-1/2 cup
tomatoes-2 medium, cut into small cubes
onions-1/2, thinly sliced
oil2 tbs
cumin seeds-1 tsp
green chillies-3
water-1/2 cup

Method: Heat oil in a pot and add cumin seeds and immediately put the sliced onions and saute them until slightly brown. Put the ginger -garlic paste and stir until it turns brown. Add tomatoes and cook until they become mushy. Put salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, turai pieces,water,  mint leaves and cook on high heat until the turai is soft but still firm. Stir and reduce the heat to a lowest and leave it there for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!






3 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikum,
    Happened to stumble upon your blog recently ..it's nice to see different variations of some familiar dishes. I love turai, but have only had it with methi and gosht. Would like to try this out some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum looks good
    i love turai :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like it as a child., but can eat almost anything now:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.