Toor ki daal aur methi (Pigeon Peas with Fresh fenugreek leaves)

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Did you read a lot of recipes that I call "simple" and "easy" to cook?  Ohya, they better be with the kids calling for my my attention or simply wanting to "lift" them up and show them how I cook or simply start a fight over which toy belongs to who!

Yes, this is one of those simple, yet tasty and nutritious daals with fresh, fenugreek leaves. I try to include fresh fenugreek leaves, to most of the things I cook because it has a lot of health benefits (although I would never eat it as a child). Here's how I have cooked this daal without a drop of oil...

Ingredients:

Tur daal- 1 cup, washed
turmeric powder-1 tsp
salt- to taste
water-3 cups or more
fresh fenugreek leaves-1 cup, washed and chopped
tomato-1 large
red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
green chillies-3

Method: Pressure cook all the ingredients, except salt. When done, mash it up with a round spoon and add some more water to get a desired consistency. Turn the stove on high and bring to a boil. Transfer to a serving bow. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.