Moong Vadi (Sun-dried Lentil Nuggets) Ka saalan

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Someone said, "the best way to reach a husband's heart is through his stomach". The most successful way to reach there, is to follow my Mom-in-law's recipes. This is one of my MIL's recipes and this is how I make it.

Sun-dried Lentil Nuggets are readily available at the Indian Grocery Stores. My Mom makes similar kind of nuggets from scratch, that donot need drying in the Sun. However, since I donot have the time to make them the long way, I take a short-cut and use the store bought ones. I promise, insha Allah in future I shall write the recipe for the home-made nuggets soon.

Ingredients:

Sun-dried nuggets- 1 cup, (shallow fried until golden-brown and set aside)
Oil3-4 tbs
salt-to taste
turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
red pepper powder-1 tsp
coriander powder-1 tbs
Onion- 1 large, ground to a fine paste
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
tamarind juice-1/2 cup

Cilantro leaves-1 tsp, washed and chopped

Method: Heat oil in a pot and add the onion paste along with the ginger-garlic paste and fry carefully until it turns golden brown and you see oil seperating from the sides. At this point, put the salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, coriander powder and stir well. Pour tthe tamarind juice and put the fried nuggets and cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes and the reduce the heat to the lowest and cook for another 5-9 minutes. Turn off the stove, transfer the curry into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.