Palak waali daal

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

My mother loves this daal when I make it. Its easy to make and delicious to eat. Even a beginner will not go wrong in it's taste insha Allah:0

Ingredients:

Tur daal- 1 cup
water- 2 cups
palak-2 cups, washed and chopped
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
green chillies-4
cumin seeds-1 tsp
tomatoes-2, cut into big chunks


lemon juice-2-3 tbs(to be added after the dall is pressure cooked)

for tempering

oil-2 tbs
cumin seeds
1/2 tsp
mustard seeds-1/2 tsp

dry red chillies-1

Method: Pressure cook the daal with water, spinach, cumin seeds, tomatoes, green chillies, and when the pressure goes off, mash up the daal and the spinach until it becomes muchy. Add more water to get desired consistency.Put the lemon juice, and salt and bring it to a boil and transfer to a serving bowl. Heat oil in a saute pan and put mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies and when they pop, pour it on top pf the daal in the bowl. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.