Fresh Coconut Chutney

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I wish there was a way the readers of my blog could actually smell this chutney and taste it too:) If they could, they would smell the awesome fragrance of my favourite herbs, mint, cilantro, competing with the fresh coconut,  green pepper, and lemon,  all seperately at one time, Subhan Allah! You gotta make it and eat it to believe it! If you have a very good food  processor, you will just need 10 minutes to put the ingredients together and whip ot up:)

Ingredients:

Fresh coconut-1 1/2 cups, grated
green pepper-4-5, chopped
salt-to taste
mint leaves-1/2 cup, washed
cilantro-1/2 cup washed
lemon juice-1/4 cup
water- 1/4 cup

for tempering:

oil-1 tbs
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
dry red chillies-3 

Method: Mix all the ingredients and grind to a fine paste. Transfer to a bowl. Heat oil in a saute pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them pop.Put the red chillies in and wait for them to change color. Turn off the stove and pour the mixture on to the chutney. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.