Caramel Egg Pudding



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

This is by far, the most  PERFECT dessert I make and Alhamdulillah never go wrong. It actually beats all other desserts by all means. It only requires a careful caramelization of sugar into a syrupy consistency. The other ingredients are the most balanced to create a reliable pudding:)



Ingredients:

Condensed milk- 1 can, (14 fl oz)
Evaporated milk- 1 can, (12 fl oz)
Eggs-3(organic)

For caramelizing the sugar..

sugar-2 tbs
water-1 tsp

Water-5-6 cups to boil 

Method: Take a big bowl and pour the evaporated milk, condensed milk and the eggs and blend well with a hand-blender until frothy and set aside. Take another  round steel bowl, put the sugar in it along with the water and heat it on medium heat until it comes to a boil reduce the heat to a medium-low and let it start to brown. When it gets to a syrupy consitency, swirl the caramelized surag across the walls of the bowl and make sure it coats the walls. Turn off the heat and place the bowl in an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Now, pour the milk mixture into the bowl with the caramel. 

Pour about 5-6 cups in a big pot and place the bowl with the milk-egg mixture and place a lid on this bowl. Then cover the pot with it's lid and let it boil on high heat for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, make sure there is enough water boiling in the pot. If the quantity of water gets reduced, you may add more water. After 45 minutes, carefully remove the small bowl from the big pot and let it cool. Take a serving plate and cover it upside down on the bowl and quickly flip the pudding onto the plate so that the pudding is revealed with the caramel side up. You may serve it after chilling it  in the refrigerator.This dessert could be made 5-6 hours before you serve. Enjoy.


13 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law makes this and it looks just like yours..and it tastes delicious. Yours looks perfect too! I had always wanted to get the recipe from her. I am gald I found something similar to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asa SproutsofSpring.

    I am glad you have the recipe now. Try it out and tell me how it comes out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is 3tbsp sugar enough for this? It kinda seems less to me, but then I never made the egg pudding at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asa Rabiya. Yes, 3 tbs of sugar is good enough for caremelization. The condensed milk has loads of sugar in it already:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. recipe calls of sweetened condensed milk?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok now the amount of sugar makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that beautiful caramelized color of your pudding. It really makes it look tantalizing. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your pudding up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome recipe... I have never had this one before and seems quite simple as well... Would love to try this for my next dessert venture ;)

    so glad to follow you .. :)
    Please visit my blog for your participation in the running events

    Cook with-Poppy Seeds

    Cook n Bake with - Spinach

    Be My Guest

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first glance, I thought this was what the French call crème caramel which is baked in a water bath; then I saw your technique and now I am just so intrigued! Have never cooked eggs and milk this way before and I am dying to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice information. I was searching for the same. It helped me alot and saved my time. Thanks alot. upma recipe

    ReplyDelete
  11. waow looks delicious mashaAllah. I will try it asap inA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great. Next time you make it, could you post step by step pics, it's a bit confusing about the water bath and how the small bowl doesn't just fall into it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.