Daal Palak


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I wonder if I should call this daal palak or palak daal because it has both, the daal and the paalak. However, this is different from the mushy daal that I make that is more liquid in consistency and this is where the daal is firm and the palak is chopped. This can be eaten with roti and the mushy one can be eaten with rice:)

Ingredients:

Tur Daal- 1 cup, soaked for 1 hour
Palak-2 big bunches, washed and chopped
salt-to taste
water-1/2 cup or more
Oil2 tbs
onions-1/2 sliced


to be ground...

green chillies-5-6, small ones
coconut powder-2-3 tbs
cumin seeds-1 tsp

Method. Grind the ingredients that are to be ground and set aside. Heat oil in a pot and saute the onions until translucent. Put the ground mixture and stir a couple times. Put the soaked daal and palak  and mix. Pour water and cook on high heat with a lid covered until all the juice from the palak is released and the daal is cooked and soft. Lower the heat and cook until all the moisture is absorbed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by.You have a pretty collection of recipes.Dal is comfort food for me.Can eat it any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very healthy plate, and what I need to be cooking more often these days!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.