Cracked wheat Upma

Bismillahir rahmanir Raheem

I love to make Upma atleast over the weekends because the kids eat it easily and it gets cooked in the least amount of time bi-iznillah! I personally prefer the fine, cracked whet Upma to the one made with Semoline, because it has a great texture. 

Here's how I make it....

Ingredients:

Cracked wheat:2 cups
salt- to taste
oil-2 tbs
urad daal-1 tsp
curry leaves-5-6 
cilantro-2 tbs, washed and chopped
green chillies-2-3 chopped
mustard seeds-1 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
water-3 cups
onion-1/2 chopped

Method: Dry roast the cracked wheat with 1/2 tsp of oil until it turns golden brown and set aside. Heat oil in a pot and put mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them pop. Add onions and fry them until they turn translucent. put the green chillies, chopped cilantro. Pour water along with salt  and bring it to a boil. Carefully put the cracked wheat with the left hand and stir it with the right hand. Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and reduce the heat to a medim. Turn off the stove after five minutes and serve hot. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Salaam Alaikum! I LOVE your blog! Your recipes remind me of my mom :) I love her upma and other south Indian dishes but never realized it was this easy to make. Will have to try it insha'allah!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.