Bheja (Brain) Masala

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Some of you dont like to eat a lamb brain, some get yucked with the idea of eating organs and some of you might love it so much. I don' thave a problem in cooking it or eating it as it is not haraam. This is how my Mother-in-law makes it and it is a delicacy in their family. So, I dont mind cooking it for my family insha Allah!When you read this post, write back and let me know how you handle eating a lamb brain:) This is what you are gonna need..

Ingredients:

lamb brains-4 small
salt-to taste
ginger-garlic paste- 1 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
fresh fenugreek leaves-1/2 cup, washed and chopped
red pepper powder-1 tsp
onion-1 large, thinly sliced
Oil-2 tbs
water- enough to boilthe brain and drain it.

Method: Boil water in a pot put a pinch of turmeric powder and salt. Wash the brains well and put it into the boiling water for 4-5 minutes. When they look firm, remove them from heat and drain all the water. Devein the brain as much as you can. Heat oil in a pot and fry onions until golden brown. Put ginger-garlic paste and stir until you smell the aroma of the gg paste. Put salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, and the fresh fenugreek leaves and mix well. Put the brains and reduce the heat to medium and cook with the lid on for 4 minutes. Mix the contents in the pot once carefully and transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!



4 comments:

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.