Simple Chicken Curry/

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This is a very simple version of a quick, Chicken curry and is very delicious too. I bet, even a newbie can cook it with ease bi-iznillah! Here's what we are gonna need...

Ingredients:

Chicken- 12 pieces
salt-to taste
turmeric powder-1 tsp
red pepper powder-1  1/2 tsp
tomatoes-5 medium, pureed
ginger-garlic paste-1 1/2 tsp
oil-2 tbs
fenugreek leaves- one handful, washed and chopped


Method: Trim fat from the pieces of chicken and wash well and keep aside. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pot and add the Chicken pieces and fry until the pieces turn light brown in color. To the tomato puree add ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder and pour it to the chicken and cook until most of the liquid from the tomato puree dries up and thickens. Lower the heat and put the fenugreek leaves and cook until oil seperates from the gravy. Serve with warm rotis. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I looooooooooooooved this one! The only thing I added though, was chicken bullion, but that's because I still don't have the confidence to make curry without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didnt have to use the Chicken bullion at all. I have never used it at all and everytime my curry turns out to be PERFECT without it. I am afraid of the MSG in it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I really need to stop using it! This dish is so good, though, insha'Allah I'll make it again soon!
    Thanks so much for this blog; you're such a talented cook masha'Allah and I'm honored to be learning from you :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.