Rice with dill leaves

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

In my last post, I talked about the dill-day we had and I put dill in rice and stuff, yes, this is the one! Dill spiced rice is a very flavorful rice served mostly in Persian restaraunts which I love, and also takes me down the memory lane once again:) When I was very little, we actually had Irani neighbors, who owned a couple restaraunts in the city and cooked awesome food at home. We, as kids had developed a taste for this cuisine and even now, enjoy the Irani food next to my own Indian cuisine. 

The recipe for this rice is an adapted version from www.thespicespoon.com , which has awesome recipes and  awesome pictures ! I have made slight changes here and there not intentionally but because I had very little time at hand.

Ingredients:

Basmati Rice- 2 cups
dill leaves- 2 cups, washed and chopped
olive oil-2 tbs
salt to taste
water - enough to boil the rice

Method: Wash and soak rice for twenty minutes. Boil water in a pot, put in the salt and add the soaked rice. Cook until you see the grain 3/4 cooked, drain and set aside in a colander. In the same pot, pour a tbs spoon of oil and spread the drained rice in a thin layer. Now, put a thin layer of the dill leaves. Continue layering until all the rice and the leaves are over. Pour the remaining oil on top evenly.  Turn on the stove at medium heat and cook with a tight-fitting lid until you see the steam escape. Turn off stove. transfer to a serving platter and serve hot. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. this actually looks very lovely! the dill need not necessarily be a bright green, you will note in Afghan restaurants that it looks just like yours- congrats, this is really nice mashallah. x shayma

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.