Quick green Bean Curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This was one of those curries I made, when I was racing with time and chasing my children :) 

Here's how some simple ingredients make a humble, green bean so lusciously yummy!

Ingredients:

green beans- 2cups, cut into 1 inch pieces ( you might use frozen one's too)
onions- 1/2 sliced
salt-to taste
oil- 2 tbs
water-3/4 cup

to be ground..

green chillies-3
cumin seeds-1 tsp
coconut powder-2 ts
garlic pods-2

Method: Heat a pot on high heat and put the cut beans and roast them till they turn greener.   Quickly plunge them into a bowl of cold water for a minute and drain the water and keep them aside. Heat the oil in a pot and saute the sliced onions until they turn translucent and add the groung green chilly mixture and stir for a quick minute. Then put the beans, salt and water and cook on high heat until the water evaporates. Reduce heat and cook on low heat for a couple minutes with the lid on. When the beand are cooked, turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.