Lemon Pickle without oil


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I love mango pickle without oil and without the red pepper. That's how my mom makes it and this pickle has a lot of childhood memories with it. I store my pickle in the fridge, because cold weather here in the US is not right to store it at room temperature and there is no oil in it to preserve it for a long time.. So, I highly recommend, you do it too. Here's how the recipe looks like. 

Ingredients:


Lemons-4 big ones, cut into small cubes
salt-2 tbs
turmeric powder- 1tsp
asafoetida- 1/2 tsp
fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp, roasted and ground to a fine powder
vinegar- 1 tbs
black seeds- 1tsp
green chillies-4 cut into small pieces

Method: In a big bowl, put the lemon pieces and sprinkle over them, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, fenugreek powder, black seeds, and pour the vinegar and mix well. Leave the bowl covered for 10-12 hrs and mix well one more time and then transfer to a glass jar and put it in the fridge. This can be stored for upto three months and it tastes better by the day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.