Dill curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

It was a dill day today at my home:) I cooked rice with dill leaves and dill leaves with soaked tur dal.

Dill seeds or leaves are known to have a lot of health benefits including anti- microbial, anti-oxidant, cholesterol lowering, gastric protection and more. 

This is a flavorful, dry curry which can be served with plain rotis or with plain old daal- chaawal. This is how my grandmothers and my mother make it...

Ingredients:

Tur daal- 1/4 cup, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
dill leaves- 2 cups, washed and chopped finely
salt- to taste
onion- 1 small, finely sliced
green chillies-3-4 finely chopped
oil2 tbs
water 1 cup
garlic-4 pods, sliced

Method: Mix the dill leaves, sliced onions, salt, green chillies, garlic, soaked daal with hand and set aside. Heat oil in a pot and put the mixture into the hot oil and add water. Cook until the daal gets soft, and the water dries up. Turn off the stove, transfer  to a serving bowl. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.