Brussel Sprouts Curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem






This is the first time, I cooked brussel sprouts and the curry turned out fantastic bi-iznillah! Brussel sprouts contain a good amount of vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid and dietary fibre. They look like miniature cabbage and have a similar smell, texture and taste, Subhan Allah. Here's how I cooked this curry in a jiffy as I had very little time at hand and served it with warm parathas.


Ingredients:

Brussel sprouts-1 lb, finely chopped and washed
salt-to taste
turmeric powder-1 tsp
ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
coconut flakes or coconut powder-1 tbs
tomatoes-2 medium sized, chopped
moong daal-1 1/2 tbs
water-1/2 cup


for tempering..,

Oil-2 tbs
mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp

Method: Put all the ingredients onto the chopped brussel sprouts, mix well and put aside. Heat oil in a pot and add cumin seeds and mustard seed. When they pop, put the whole mixture and add water and cook on high heat for five minutes. Lower the heat and cook until all the water evaporates and the daal gets soft but is still firm. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.