Sweet pumpkin Dumplings

                                                

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

These dumplings have revived a lot of childhood memories.., of eating these dumplings, of carefree days, Summer breaks, Gramma's love and pampering and endless hours of play....pure  bliss!

I had no clue how these cuties are made, so had to call Mom to get the recipe. It took her less than a minute to tell me how to make them,  its really simple! Lets see how we can make 'em...


Ingredients:

Pumpkin-2 cups, shredded
jaggery-1 cup, shredded  (can be substituted with brown sugar)
fennel seeds- 1 tbs, dry roasted and powdered
cardamom powder-1 tsp
whole wheat flour- 1/2- 1  cups

Oil- to deep fry.

Method: Mix the shredded pumpkin with the shredded jaggery, fennel seed powder, cardamom powder, well with hand. Wait for few minutes and add the wheat flour little by little and make sure batter becomes thick and all the ingredients are incorporated very well. Heat oil in a pan and carefully, drop the mixture in oil with your hand. Reduce heat and flip the dumpling and fry till each side turns nice and brown. remove with a slottted spoon onto a paper towel and serve while still warm.Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. I love your recipes they are simple but delicious.
    My request is some green vegetables, and your easy style will help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalumo Alaikum,

    I love the gourd dish. I am looking forward to see your egg plant recipes as well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.