Sabut Moong ki daal




Bismilahir Rahmanir Raheem

I am not one of those who decides and cooks right away. I have to plan a day in advance about what to cook for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On one of those unplanned, indecisive days, I make Sabut Moong ki daal, which is a very healthy choice, best served with plain chawal or warm rotis. Here are the basic ingredients needed to make this saalan...

Ingredients:

Sabut Moong-1 cup
Water-2-3 cups to pressure cook
Ginger/garlic paste
Salt-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red pepper powder-11/2 tsp
Onion-1/2, thinly sliced
Tomatoes-2 cut into cubes
Curry leaves-12-15
Oil-3 tbs


Method:

Dry roast moong until you smell a lovely aroma. Wash the moong and pressure cooker with water until soft and still in shape and still inside its cover and set aside. In a pot,heat oil and sauté onons till transparent and add Ginger/garlic paste and fry till golden brown. Put in tomatoes and fry till tomatoes get mushy and put the curry leaves. Finally, put the cooked Moong and add a little bit of water to get desired consistency. Let it cook on high for two minutes and mix carefully and turn off the heat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.