Pumpkin ka saalan

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Our Prophet Sallalaahu Alaihi Wa Sallam liked to eat Pumpkin and today, Science tells that Pumpkin has a lot of health benefits., Subhan Allah! This is one way of making something other than just the pies:)

Ingredients: 


Pumpkin- 2 Cups, cubed pieces 
salt- to taste
oil- 2-3 tbs
turmeric powder-1 tsp
Onions-1 medium, finely sliced
mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
water- 1/2 cup


to be ground:

green peppers: 4
garlic pods-2
cumin seeds-1 tsp
dry coconut powder-2 tbs

Method: Heat oil in a pot and and add the cumin seeds, mustards and wait for them to pop. Then add the onions and saute them only until they turn translucent. Add the ground mixture and then the pumpkin and mix well. Add water and cover the pot with a lid and cook for five minutes on high heat. Give it a stir and lower the heat until all the water gets absorbed and the pumpkin gets soft. Transfer into a serving bowl. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Essalam Alaikum, Masha'allah this is lovely! I will have to try this Insha'allah, I love squash!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.