Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani

                                        
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani can be cooked in more than one way. This is the easiest one for me to cook. Seriously, it's easier than daal, chawa, and sabzi. Basically all you do is throw in some ingredients, marinate, boil rice and arrange them in layers and bake. That's it! 

Here is how I cook mine.,


Ingredients:

Chicken-16-18pieces
Ginger-garlic paste-1 1/2 tbs
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1tsp
Red pepper powder-1 tsp or to taste
Garam Masala ( made from 5 cardamoms,  5 cloves, 5 small pieces of cinnamon sticks and two pieces of mace)

Onions- two large( finely chopped and fried till golden brown)
Oil 1 1/2 cups
Milk 1/2 cup
Saffron-1tsp
Yogurt- 2 cups
Cilantro-1 cup chopped
Mint-1/2 cup chopped
Jalapeño 4 in nos
Rice-4 cups(4 of the 4 oz cups)
Whole spices( 4 each of the cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, 1 tsp carom seeds)

Method: Heat oil in a pot and fry onions till golden brown and remove the onions and set the oil aside for later use. Wash Chicken well and marinate it with ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, gar am masala, yogurt, chopped greens, jalapeño cut  or whole, fried onions, half of the oil and mix well but gently. let this marinate overnight.

One hour before you actually put the tray in the oven, preheat your oven at 500 deg F and soak rice for 30 mins. Boil the milk with saffron strands and put aside to pour over the layers of chicken and rice before putting it in the oven. In a big pot set water to boil. when the water starts to boil, throw in the whole spices, and add some salt to the water and add the soaked rice and boil until 1/2 cooked, drain the water from the rice and keep aside. Take a baking tray(I use the turkey roaster), grease it well with oil and put and spread the marinated Chicken evenly. Pour the boiled and drained rice over it evenly. Make depressions in the rice and pour the oil. Sprinkle the yellow saffron milk over the rice. Seal tightly with and aluminum foil and secure the lid of the tray over the foil. Bake on 500 deg for 30 mins. Reduce the heat to 400 and bake for 30 mins. Turn off the oven and let it sit in there for another 30 mins before serving. Enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. SubhanaAllah, this is the best chicken biryani I have EVER tasted, hands down! I can't thank you enough Familycook for teaching me how to make it and allowing me to pass it along to my family and friends. My entire family loves it. May Allah bless your hands, jazakum Allah khayran :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.