Hot dog curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

On a typical day, I cook and serve daal(lentil soup), plain boiled rice or bread and a curry(veg or non-veg) on the side.  On those days, I have not intention to cook veg side dish, (I do not use frozen vegetables at all) or make an elaborate  curry, I resort to short-cuts:) This is a very creative  way of eating hot dogs desi-style:) Here's how i made it....

Ingredients:

Hot dogs- 4-5 (sliced)
Onions-1/2 sliced
Tomatoes-2 medium (cubed)
Ginger/garlic paste-1tsp
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1 tsp
Water- 1/2 cup
Oil-1 tbs
Fenugreek leaves-2 tbs(chopped)

Directions:

1.Heat oil in a pot.

2. Add onions and saute them until transluscent.

3.Put ginger/garlic paste and fry it until it turns brown.

4.Add the tomatoes and cook until they get mushy.

5. Add salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, sliced hot dogs and the fenugreek leaves.

6. Add water and cook on high heat for three minutes.

7.Reduce the heat to a low and cook  for five minutes.

8.Transfer to a serving bowl and serve. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. As-salam-alaikum,
    You are doing a good job, keep it up.
    I also have a blog adjust2life.blogspot.com. Have a look. It has a few recipes that are mostly healthy, allergen-free and kid-friendly. I am a student Pastry Chef who does cakes/desserts from home. I also hope to start a food blog soon inshallah.
    Keep blogging.
    Aamina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam sis and masha'Allah... I must say I grinned so big when I saw this post! First-timer on your blog, love desi food (was married to an Indian in my "previous" life lol) and insha'Allah I'll be back again!

    Ma salaama....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.